Vision, Values and Priorities
Chesterfield borough is a great place to live, work, visit and invest. We want all our communities to share in the benefits of Chesterfield’s success, enjoying healthy and active lives. We face a challenging time with further reductions in local government funding and an increasing demand for services.
The Council Plan helps us to effectively invest and deploy our time, resources and energy to support key services and work with residents, partners and businesses to ensure that everyone in the borough can achieve their full potential.
We are guided by our simple but important vision: Putting our communities first.
Chesterfield Borough Council is here to serve and support our communities including our residents, tenants, businesses, visitors, students and voluntary groups. Together we will continue to make our borough a great place to live, work, visit and invest.
Customer focused – delivering great customer service, meeting customer needs.
Can do – striving to make a difference by adopting a positive attitude.
One council, one team –proud of what we do, working together for the greater good.
Honesty and respect – embracing diversity and treating everyone fairly.
To make Chesterfield a thriving borough. To deliver this, we will focus on four priorities:
- Chesterfield borough – a great place to live, work and visit
- Vibrant town centres
- Building a stronger business base
- Developing an inclusive approach to growth
To improve the quality of life for local people. To deliver this, we will focus on four priorities:
- Providing quality housing and improving housing conditions across the borough
- Improving our environment and enhancing community safety
- Helping our communities to improve their health and wellbeing
- Reducing inequality and providing support to vulnerable people
To provide value for money services. To deliver this, we will focus on three priorities:
- Becoming and staying financially self-sufficient
- Using technology to make our services easier to access and deliver savings
- Investing in our staff to improve services and customer interaction
Read more on our vision, values and priorities in our Draft Council Plan 2019-2023